For over 45 years, Orwak has been in the business of helping organizations implement affordable, practical waste reduction solutions that are as good for the environment as they are for the bottom line. Orwak Trash Compactors and Balers have helped thousands of businesses from restaurants to manufacturing facilities reduce trash volume, slash costs, generate recycling revenue and enhance profitability through our compaction and baling solutions.
One of the biggest problems we see is what to do with all of the packaging waste we use in our daily lives. From the packaging that comes surrounding the items we purchase, to the plastic food packaging we get with our food. In the food service industry, excessive waste packaging is a serious problem.
As a business, have you ever noticed how much packaging is involved in a fast meal with meat, salad, and a drink? The items include:
- Plastic fork, knife and spoon
- Several packets of ketchup and mustard
- A packet of salad dressing
- The plastic sleeve surrounding the plasticware
- The cup for the drink
- The straw for the drink and its wrapper
- The napkins (and extra napkins) needed for the meal
- Sometimes small salt and pepper packets
- The packaging that it all comes in
- A plastic bag to carry it in
Why do we package this way? Out of convenience. And after the meal, what do consumers do with all of this? Throw it into a trash bin, which will quickly fill up over a simple lunch period meaning more bag switches and more time spent by employees cleaning up the trash bin area. This also means less productivity by your employees and more time spent away from customers, which can result in less profits.
If this sounds all too familiar, then we have a solution for you. Let me introduce you to our in-house celebrity, which can help you with all of your needs…the TOM and TOM Junior.
TOM is a multi-faceted multitasker - the neatest member of the Orwak family. TOM saves time, space, and energy, and all of that saves you money. Holding up to seven times more waste than a conventional waste bin and featuring hands-free operation, TOM also keeps your environment tidy and hygienic. TOM might be little, but it is capable of big things. TOM is about the same size as a conventional waste bin, but compacts the waste. Thanks to the new feature TOM Connect, TOM is able to communicate when the bag is full or the unit needs attention so that employees spend less time checking on the trash bins and more time focusing on customers.
- Less bag switches means more productive use of time and space
- Because TOM holds more, you won’t need to store or use as many bags. Compacted waste results in less volume to transport, which means lower transportation costs and lower CO2 emissions. Lastly, you can more profitably run your business because TOM frees up your staff. No more constantly checking on bins to see if they are full or spending lots of time changing bags and hauling full ones away. Less time spent on trash equals more money.
- TOM is also the perfect choice for areas with high foot traffic and lots of people. Because when there are long lines and other things to do, the last thing you want your staff spending time on is checking waste bins and emptying bags.
- Hygienic and convenient waste handling that contributes to a tidy environment.
- TOM means less mess in a few different ways. Being able to hold up to seven times more waste means full bags are less frequent and TOM can communicate with you when it’s reached its capacity, so that you can proactively switch bags. You can say goodbye for good to overflowing waste bins and, lastly, TOM sees you and your customers coming and opens its shutter for hands-free operation. That means less mess and fewer germs on hands.
TOM Junior has all the same great qualities as TOM, but TOM Junior comes 5.9" inches shorter than the standard TOM. TOM Junior is also built in a case of wooden beech-colored boards that are both resilient and easy to clean on a daily basis.
Watch TOM in Action.
Put TOM to work for you at:
- Restaurants, cafés, and cafeterias
- Airports, railroad stations, and transportation hubs
- Arenas and theme parks
- Supermarket recycling centers
- Malls and shopping areas
Although compacting and baling materials is about making something that’s more into less, what we’ve learned over the years is that less also results in more benefits for our customers and their businesses. Don’t believe us on the benefits of TOM? Take a look at what our customers’ have to say.
"With the TOM compactors on site, even on a busy day just 1-2 bag switches are sufficient to handle all the trash. Before, we were constantly switching bags! The staff is loving it and the restaurant is much cleaner now."
- Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken, NYC
For more information about the TOM, download our NEW product guide. We are happy to schedule a time with you to answer any questions you may have about the TOM and TOM Jr.